Roasting vegetables does something special to make them extra delicious. There are vegetables that I don't liked steamed, but when roasted become a favorite. Carrots are one of those vegetables that are amazing when roasted, but not my favorite steamed. Another surprisingly delicious roasted vegetable is cauliflower.
If you have never had roasted cauliflower, you are in for a treat. The first time I made this for my mom she was skeptical. She ended up absolutely loving it. This time when my mom came to visit, she requested to have that special cauliflower again. Yes, it's that good. Along with carrot fries, this is one of my family's new favorite vegetables.
Roasted cauliflower is so delicious and so easy that I hope it becomes one of your family favorites. This is more of a method than a recipe. The amounts are easily adjusted to the size and appetite of your family. If you are stuck in the rut of only eating steamed vegetables, why not give roasting vegetables a try?
cauliflower (fresh, not frozen)
extra virgin olive oil
pepper (freshly ground is best)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and cut desired amount of cauliflower into large, bite-sized pieces.
- Make sure cauliflower is dry and spread evenly in a pan without crowding.
- lightly drizzle oil over cauliflower. Shake the pan so that oil coats the bottom of the cauliflower or toss with tongs.
- Generously sprinkle cauliflower with garlic salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Roast for about 8 minutes or until cauliflower is browned on the bottom.
- Turn cauliflower and roast for another 8 minutes or until browned and al dente.
Do you like roasted vegetables? What is your favorite vegetable to roast? I would love to try more vegetables this way.